Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Gingham Rose Redwork Quilt

   Amy's Creative Side                                                                                                                                                                                 I'm entering the Bloggers Quilt Festival this year with one of my favourite quilts I made in 2006.  It began with my obsession with redwork stitching while waiting for my kids to finish dancing, netball, footy etc.  I kept to a theme of things I loved ie: home, family, friends, chooks, birdhouses, gardens and all things country.  The piecing of the quilt is my design.  I worked in rows and just added blocks of fabric to make it fit (lots of fudging).  Once the quilt was pieced and quilted in the ditch I hand quilted in my redwork thread at dancing, netball, football blah blah I'm sure you get the idea of the time involved in waiting on four kids.  Anyway, final result is still one of my favourite quilts that is displayed on a rustic ladder next to my fire place.
          Fabrics used are from the Gingham Rose range by 3 Sisters.



 This section shows the name and birthdate of my four children.
Hope you like it also.  Kind regards Rob

8 comments:

  1. Really sweet. Beautiful redwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word, wow! Your redwork is absolutely stunning. The patience you have. What a treasure to have this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty quilt- I love this fabric line- something really warm and charming about the color combination. You did wonderful stitcheries too. THanks for joining the blog hop.
    Regards from Western Canada,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna
    It is a lovely fabric range. After many years I still love it (which is always good when you put so much work into a quilt) Thanks for your kind words, regards Robyn

    ReplyDelete