Friday, July 9, 2010

Lumiere de Noel




I have received my Layer Cake of Lumiere de Noel and have found a lovely pattern from Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. This pattern is an alteration to a quilt in Carrie's book 'Schnibbles Times Two'. If you also like this quilt go to Carrie's blog http://www.lavieenrosie.typepad.com/ and find her instructions on how to make the star's in the middle of the McGuffey Quilt (you also have to have your copy of her new book).

I am recovering well from my op but haven't been able to sew for over two weeks (am going mad!!!). My quilting machine is still in hospital with bobbin case drama so have to wait another week before I can finish all my wares that need to be quilted. Tonight I made a bag on my old Janome so will start to get a few easy things finished while my leg is slowly recovering.

The cold weather and inability to sit at a sewing machine has allowed be to get some hand quilting done. I love handquilting but the climate in Queensland only allows a few months of each year to enjoy it without sweating (I don't have air conditioning) so am making the most of it.


Talk soon
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment